Every woman needs a glaze. Think of a top coat for your nails when getting a manicure - this is what a glaze does for your hair. It is a simple but often overlooked step in the coloring process that protects the hair, makes it shinier, and helps the color to last longer. It can reinvigorate your natural hair color and get rid of yellow tones in blondes or brassiness in brunettes. A glaze can warm you up or cool you down, while smoothing the cuticle and making your hair feel amazing. Best of all, it's quick and easy to do on yourself at home. The only question is which one is right for you: cool, warm, or clear?
Use the photos to the left and outline below as a guideline for which glaze to choose:*
- Blondes can be warm or cool depending on preference.
- Warm blondes tend to complement sallow and light olive complexions.
- Cool tones are best on those with rosacea or skin that easily flushes.
- On your hair the warm will look like sunshine hitting your hair and is great for brightening old highlights, while cool will appear more beige and can remove yellow or brassy tones.
- Clear glazes do not impart any tone and only gives shine and smoothness to the hair. It is safe on virgin hair, as well as gray hair (Pro tip: a cool gaze on gray hair will remove yellow tones).
- Since there is a wide range of redheads, from natural copper to deep burgundy, we recommend that you upload a current photo of your hair so that your glaze can be custom formulated to account for the many nuances of red hair (please specify your preferences in the comments box).
- If you're still not sure which glaze is best for you, upload your hair photos and state your preferences.
*When placing your order, select the glaze from the dropdown window at the bottom of the page
It is generally safe to use a glaze every two to four weeks. It is also a great way to refresh your color in between salon services. For example, if you come to the salon every four to six weeks for color, you can apply an at home glaze two to three weeks after each visit. Also great to have on hand while traveling and unable to see your colorist.
Each at-home glaze is good for one application and includes:
- 1 container of your glaze formula
- 1 container of activator to mix with the glaze
- 1 pair of rubber gloves
- application instructions
Pro tip: Don’t wash your hair for the next 48 hours so the cuticle can fully close when applying both base color and glaze.
We believe that good hair color is essential, whether done at a salon or at home. Eva's custom color kits for at-home use are formulated with the same premium hair color we use at the salon and according to your color formula in our client database...
During this 30 - 45 minute consultation and assessment, you will learn about the revolutionary Harklinikken hair restoration program and if you're a candidate for treatment. A certified Harklinikken consultant will review your medical and hair loss histories, including any treatments you have been on,...
Gift Cards may be used toward services or products, and don’t expire for two years after purchase. There is no shipping charge when gift cards are purchased separately. If you don't see the dollar amount you'd like to purchase, please email email@example.com or call 212-677-7315.